Your shopping cart is empty!
For contractual reasons this release is not available for sale in North America.
Townes Van Zandt's last and arguably greatest release for the Poppy label now available on remastered 'vinyl replica' cd (featuring four bonus tracks).
The second of two albums he released in 1972, The Late Great Townes Van Zandt is considered to be Van Zandt's masterwork and features two of his most covered songs, the outlaw ballad 'Pancho And Lefty' and the timeless love song 'If I Needed You'.
Quickly following High, Low And In Between, it was also his last album for the ailing Poppy label.
Produced by Kevin Eggers and Jack Clements, standout tracks include the definitive version of 'Sad Cinderella' and Van Zandt's highly experimental 'Silver Ships Of Andilar', which features a wonderful string arrangement by Bergen White.
To commemorate the 50th anniversary of the beginning of Van Zandt's turbulent musical career, Charly has restored and remastered the album with four exclusive bonus tracks on CD, plus a 20-page illustrated booklet with revealing sleeve notes by producer and manager Kevin Eggers.
"Take a listen and it's easy to hear why TVZ is now so often referred to as the late GREAT Townes Van Zandt" Classic Rock
- CD restored and digitally remastered from original production master tapes.
- Deluxe gatefold CD with all original artwork designed by Milton Glaser and photographs by Steve Salmarie.
1. No Lonesome Tune [4:17]
2. Sad Cinderella [4:13]
3. German Mustard (A Clapalong) [2:53]
4. Don't Let The Sunshine Fool Ya' [2:23]
5. Honky Tonkin' [3:41]
6. Snow Don't Fall [2:25]
7. Fraulein [2:41]
8. Pancho And Lefty [3:38]
9. If I Needed You [3:41]
10. Silver Ships Of Andilar [5:06]
11. Heavenly Houseboat Blues [2:38]
12. Pancho And Lefty (Early Mix) [03:39]
13. Snow Don`t Fall (Alternate Version) [02:41]
14. If I Needed You (Early Mix) [03:48]
15. Heavenly Houseboat Blues (Alternate Version) [02:39]