Your shopping cart is empty!
On April 22 2000 Blackie Lawless' W.A.S.P played an exclusive show to a packed Key Club in Los Angeles, California, and broadcast it around the world via the wonders of modern technology. The results were heard live, around the globe, by 10,000 lucky souls, with a further 100,000 people desperately trying (and failing) to log on at the same time.
'The Sting' is exactly what occurred that night in L.A. - an explosive performance from a band that continue to defy the hands of time and, in many ways, keep getting better. Madfish Records are due to release this classic on a 2LP gatefold limited edition 180gm green vinyl on 2nd June.
The set list from that infamous night includes a pile-driving 'Inside The Electric Circus' to a heroic 'L.O.V.E. Machine', a scintillating 'Animal (Fuck Like A Beast)' through to a peerless finale of 'I Wanna Be Somebody' and 'Blind In Texas', this is a raw and ragged greatest hits package; W.A.S.P. at their inglorious, insolent best.
Unlike many previous live albums, 'The Sting' has not been polished or tidied up .. this is the real deal; with all the onstage chaos and overdriven amplification that a real, blood and thunder live show can generate.
In the last few years of the old century W.A.S.P. made some of their most striking and brave albums. The ferocious, blood-splattered Kill Fuck Die and the celebratory sleazefest of Helldorado had provided solid proof that Blackie Lawless' songwriting skills were as keen and unique as ever and, unlike the majority of his 80s contemporaries, this most dogged and determined of frontmen was entering a new era full of confidence, with that blazing inferno in his eyes clearly a long way from fizzling out. As a consequence, you can hear the passion and strength oozing from every last riff and melody during The Sting; this was more than just another show, this was a new statement of intent from the house of W.A.S.P.; a powerful battlecry delivered by a band reborn.
W.A.S.P are getting primed to remind audiences of their devastating live prowess as they are set to tour Europe during summer 2014 with club shows and festival appearances plus appearing at Hard Rock Hell VIII in the UK on 15th November.
1. Helldorado - Live Key Club 2000 [03:20]
2. Inside The Electric Circus - Live Key Club 2000 [01:45]
3. Chainsaw Charlie (Murders In The New Morgue) - Live Key Club 2000 [05:48]
4. Wild Child - Live Key Club 2000 [06:53]
1. L. O. V. E. Machine - Live Key Club 2000 [ 06:14 ]
2. Animal (Fuck Like A Beast) - Live Key Club 2000 [ 05:16 ]
3. Sleeping (In The Fire) - Live Key Club 2000 [06:24]
1. Damnation Angels - Live Key Club 2000 [05:59]
2. Dirty Balls - Live Key Club 2000 [05:05]
3. The Real Me - Live Key Club 2000 [04:03]
1. I Wanna Be Somebody - Live Key Club 2000 [08:24]
2. Blind In Texas - Live Key Club 2000 [06:48]