Your shopping cart is empty!
2018 reissue of Darkly, Darkly, Venus Aversa, originally from 2010.
Double 140g vinyl in gatefold sleeve.
Cradle Of Filth's ninth studio album is, in the words of Cradle's infamous frontman Dani Filth, 'A gothic horror themed slay-ride of fervour and perversion; yet amidst the orchestral melodrama and lush, cinematic production, there sits stalwart a ravening beast of furious riffing, flesh ripping vocals and monstrous, unstoppable percussion.'
Grammy nominated Cradle Of Filth have been pioneers of extreme music since their debut in 1994 and have continued to evolve with each of their subsequent releases. Unafraid of ruffling a few feathers, the band have continually refused to bow to convention or to conform to prevalent trends and fads. Yet despite this uncompromising stance the band are still the most successful British heavy metal band since Iron Maiden, with legions of fans around the globe.
'Darkly, Darkly, Venus Aversa displays a masterful control over the multi-faceted Cradle Of Filth sound; brutal vocal gymnastics, skull-rattling double-kicks, symphonic flourishes, dramatic narrative and balls-out axe-slinging all make their presence known, but in a manner which routinely serves to bolster the coherency of the greater whole this fucking slays.' - Rocksound
1. The Cult Of Venus Aversa (7.08)
2. One Foul Step From The Abyss (4.53)
3. The Nun With The Astral Habit (4.54)
1. Retreat Of The Sacred Heart (3.55)
2. The Persecution Song (5.35)
3. Deceiving Eyes (6.44)
1. Lilith Immaculate (6.12)
2. The Spawn Of Love And War (6.18)
3. Harlot On A Pedestal (5.08)
1. Forgive Me Father (I Have Sinned) (4.32)
2. Beyond Eleventh Hour (7.16)
3. Beast Of Extermination (5.32)